Today we were updating our Apple push notification certificate as it was due to expire (why do they only last a year). We’ve done this many times before and know the process well; but for some reason, today after deploying the updated certificate every call to create the PushSharp instance returned the following error:
The specified network password is not correct
We went through the standard process of repeating the creation/deployment of the certificate, then double/triple checking and then repeating the creation process again but nothing improved the situation – the same error message was returned all the time. We tried different passwords / double-checked everything in the Apple developer portal. We cleared the historic and new entries in the KeyChain, tried new .cer certificates / private keys, nothing resolved the issue.
As we’d exhausted every option we could think of, we just tried the process on another machine…..just to see……it worked the first time! At the current time, we think the issue was caused by a particular machine. Now that we’re able to send push notifications again we will have to investigate it further. We did have “show password” ticked when exporting to the P12 file, I’ve noticed when that is ticked that the password strength indicator no longer works, I wonder if there’s an issue around that? If we get to the bottom of the issue then I’ll post an update.
Recently one of our client apps began to experience customers being locked out of their subscription purchased content. The cause of the issue was traced to the other of the transactions in latest_receipt_info in the Apple Receipt
Just recently I’ve been to a few talks about Kotlin and been reading up about Android Architectural Components. I’ve also had an idea for a really basic app playing around in my mind for a while, so it seems a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. I’ve already had a play with LiveData / ViewModel, updating the Big Nerd Ranch Quiz, which went really well. For this project, I’m also going to . . .